QtLocation map updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 1 08:34:55 PDT 2017

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 5:57 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 1. Aug 2017, at 13:07, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com <mailto:neolit123 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> apparently, ESRI is one of those companies which employ thousands of
>> people worldwide, but there is no easy way to report a bug in their
>> solutions.
>> people not responding to email contributes to that.
>>
>> that's usually a good sign that one needs to move away from product X.
>
> I have the impression that this is a German company in the end. If you give me some details about what to report I could try to get somebody on the phone.

ESRI is a US company, privately owned and insanely big. Almost every
GIS solution in the Western world is based on their technology. Basically
every national, state, and local government in the Western world is a
customer, as are most companies involved with geo information. I know
a bit about them through my wife's former job (she's a GIS analyst by
training). If you aren't a large customer it can be really hard to get their
attention.