QtLocation map updates

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 1 11:44:03 PDT 2017

On Aug 1, 2017 11:07, "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

my local distributor is not responding.

it seems that users from the US get better (special) support here:
http://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Ugh. I really hoped that the QtLocation thing would mean that we'd get away
from a questionably maintained third party issue. But it seems we just
replaced it with another.

I suspect this may be one of those half intentional things (or at least "we
don't care too deeply, sorry"), and the eventual reply will be about
putting people towards the paid for "real" ESRI service.

Was there some way to just use Google tiles? Even if it means bit having
caching, maybe it's the right thing to do. Better quality, and not the
third party badly supported issues...

    Linus