4.6.4-675 could use some testing

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 12:19:14 PDT 2017

Good night.

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 03:12:05AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > On Jul 31, 2017, at 10:51 PM, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Good morning.
> >
> > El 01/08/2017 06:57, "Willem Ferguson" <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> escribió:
> > >

> > > On my Ubuntu the AppImage crashes upon startup because of dependency
> > > problems.
> > >
> > >   using PERLLIB=./share/perl5/:./lib/perl5/:
> > >   using GSETTINGS_SCHEMA_DIR=./share/glib-2.0/schemas/:
> > > can't find Qt localization for locale "en-ZA" searching in
> > > "/usr/share/qt5/translations"
> > > can't find Subsurface localization for locale "en-ZA"
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:3:1: module "QtLocation" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:4:1: module "QtPositioning" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:3:1: module "QtLocation" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:4:1: module "QtPositioning" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:3:1: module "QtLocation" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed
> > > qrc:/MapWidget.qml:4:1: module "QtPositioning" is not installed
> > > MapWidget status QQuickWidget::Status(Error)
> > > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> I tried to install those, maybe they are in the wrong spot. I'll look some more tomorrow - err, later today.
>
> > I get the same crash with the Qt libraries in regular Linux building. Only if built without marble.
> > On Debian unstable.
> >

> On a native build? Those modules should be found. Odd.
> I'm puzzled what might be missing.
>
> Thanks for those two reports. More work to be done

OK. I've solved the modules issue in debian unstable installing
qml-module-qtlocation and qml-module-qtpositioning packages. Willem,
may be you need to install some of the packages related to qtquick
too.

The bad news are: instead of a segfault, now I get an error
" qrc:/MapWidget.qml:41: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to
QDeclarativeGeoMapType* "
and the program simply hangs.

Built 4.6.4-677 in debian unstable with Qt 5.7.1

Best regards.

Salva.