MXE and Qt 5.9.0

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 13:14:17 PDT 2017

On 1 August 2017 at 23:09, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As said, have never had Subsurface on this VM before. So no logs, no
>>> configs to start with. Back trace looks quite sparse to me...
>>>
>>> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>>> 0x00000000 in ?? ()
>>> (gdb) bt
>>> #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
>>> #1  0x00f80d7b in ZN13QOpenGLBuffer6createEv ()
>>>   from C:\Program Files (x86)\Subsurface\Qt5Gui.dll
>>> #2  0x084668f0 in ?? ()
>>
>> That's a backtrace that I haven't seen before. Did you get a chance
>> to try the working -675 on that VM? My tooling right now deletes older
>> installers (bad practice), I think I still have that one on the server and
>> will make it available for download as well...
>
> I just tested subsurface-4.6.4-672-Qt5.8.exe on the same VM and get
> the following crash with it:

> 0x00000000 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> #1  0x00e8965b in ZN13QOpenGLBuffer6createEv ()
>    from C:\Program Files (x86)\Subsurface\Qt5Gui.dll
> #2  0x779e2bd5 in ntdll!RtlQueryPerformanceCounter ()
>    from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
> #3  0x90909090 in ?? ()
> #4  0x8508458b in ?? ()
> #5  0x09850fc0 in ?? ()
> Cannot access memory at address 0x900008c6

given the OpenGL hint, i would consider this being a backbuffer
initialization problem caused by the fact that the VM cannot safely
utilize the 3D acceleration of your hardware.
what VM software are you using and can you try enabling and also
possibly disabling 3D acceleration?

BTW, the new map widget is QML based and QML is a heavy OpenGL user.
i haven't tested this in a VM, i must admit.

speculations.

lubomir