QtLocation map updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 2 08:15:19 PDT 2017

> On Aug 2, 2017, at 4:17 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2 August 2017 at 07:22, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>>> i quickly browsed the source and i can't find some of those new 5.9
>>> signals that were breaking the build with Qt 5.7.
>>> maybe you can try building the plugin with the older Qt?
>>
>> So I need this to work under Qt 5.6 in order to make our AppImage happy.
>> 5.6 is the newest version of Qt that I can get for CentOS 6 (which we use
>> to build the app image).
>>

> i was under the impression that the AppImage was supposed to make *us*
> happy, as developers.

So true.

> why isn't it working with more recent Qt versions?

The logic of an AppImage is that you build on an OLD distro so that the glibc
that you link against is an old one and the binaries run on as many distros as
possible. We are building against CentOS 6 right now and the newest Qt that
I can get for that is 5.6.

My guess is that I should just build Qt 5.9.1 from source and be done with it.
But I'm not sure that I can get a new enough compiler for CentOS 6 in order
to do that.

BTW, Lubomir, which Linux distro do you usually work with?