4.6.4-675 could use some testing

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Aug 2 08:52:39 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the patch deletes the following declaration:
>
> double print_y_offset[8][2] = {

That part is right. That array was just wrong (the "8" isn't even the
correct value of MAX_CYLINDERS - it used to be, but no longer)

But..

> And then this print_y_offset is used causing the compile to fail.

Oops. I sent you the wrong diff before I fixed that ;)

I'll send Dirk the right one.

> Other than that, this looks as before and EAN & pressure are shown
> properly on my default zoom ratio. I just tested it with single
> cylinder dives, no idea how it is with multiple cylinders...

It looks good on multi-cylinder ones too - if the pressures aren't
right next to each other.

But the old code really wasn't any better, in that it switched the gas
name and pressure around depending on whether the gas pressure was the
upper or lower one, but since it printed something on both sides, if
the gas pressures were close to each other, it still just overwrote
the other one.

The new code just doesn't bother with that logic. I think it would be
lovely to try to avoid the overlap, but I think it needs more work
than what we used to do if we really want to do that.

              Linus