QtLocation map updates

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 3 04:14:33 PDT 2017

On 03-08-17 12:50, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 3 August 2017 at 11:03, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On 03-08-17 08:06, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>

>>> Actually, I pulled your proposed changes and added some of mine on top.
>>> This seems to be working ok based on my minimal testing - more work
>>> is definitely needed to test this on all our platforms...
>>

>> Hmm. My self build tree (from current master) has a nasty endless loop
>> probably due to the new google tile plugin ... (up to date Arch linux, Qt
>> 5.9.1).
>>
>> Suspicious line in the console:
>>
>> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:41: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to
>> QDeclarativeGeoMapType*
>>

> the map plugin is not being found.

Yes, that is what I think as well. Already scrutinized the build and
install process, but nothing found yet. Stopping with the debugger also
shows that the plugin is not reached.

>> The map is blank/white on startup, with the controls visible (including the
>> layer select in the left top, filled in with a map that seems to correspond
>> to to the location of the selected dive).
>>
>> Endless loop is entered when triggering MapWidgetHelper::centerOnDiveSite
>>

> not sure why this would happen but it might be the result of the above.

Agree, but a little weird, as I expected some OS related (from a runtime
linker for example) when a plugin is missing.

--jan