QtLocation map updates

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 04:15:06 PDT 2017

On 3 August 2017 at 09:06, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Aug 2, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Aug 2, 2017, at 1:38 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> i started with the esri -> googlemaps plugin transition, but i don't
>>> know how to update the packaging scripts properly:
>>> https://github.com/neolit123/subsurface/commits/googlemaps
>>>
>>> for instance, it now tries to copy the "googlemaps" file, but the
>>> "qmake && make && make install" of the plugin might not install the
>>> binaries to the MXE Qt folder.
>>
>> I commented on your commits in that branch. I think this isn't going to be all
>> that hard.
>
> Actually, I pulled your proposed changes and added some of mine on top.
> This seems to be working ok based on my minimal testing - more work
> is definitely needed to test this on all our platforms...

made a bug report, i was hoping there is none of that but there is...:
https://github.com/vladest/googlemaps/issues/9

the same black tiles cannot be seen if we use:
"SATELLITE": supportedMapTypes[1] instead of supportedMapTypes[3]

[1] Satellite, [3] Hybrid.

i think what's happening here is that google simply doesn't have tiles
for all zoom levels at all locations and  they handle it
programmatically at maps.google.com.
the qt location plugins don't handle it.

lubomir