QtLocation map updates

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 3 06:54:14 PDT 2017

>>> the map plugin is not being found.

We need a better error message for that case :-)

>> Yes, that is what I think as well. Already scrutinized the build and install process, but nothing found yet. Stopping with the debugger also shows that the plugin is not reached.
>
> Yes, this is confirmed. I just copied the compiled plugin to my user Qt tree (which has the esri plugin as well), and then the Google map is created correctly, and no endless loop.
>
> So an install problem ... not sure how to fix it, however.

I think the way the build/install for the plugin works right now it will install into the Qt install location.
Which works great if you are (like me) have compiled Qt from sources everywhere, but doesn't work so well if you are doing this on a regular system install.

I'll try to fix that.