cloud.subsurface-divelog.org auth error

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Aug 4 05:58:32 PDT 2017

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 3:54 AM, Yury Akudovich <yorik503 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've also tried to do `curl` and `git clone` to the URL and it also
> failed, but it can succeed if I remove second `[email]` in the end of
> the URL. So I think there is some bigger problem then just https
> support. I can also try to do tcpdump to double check connection, if
> needed.  BTW, The OS is Debian testing.

You didn't actually address the question whether the official AppImage works.

> $ curl -u some.email at gmail.com -v
> 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com\[some.email@gmail.com\]'

curl against an https git URL with our "magic" branch syntax. Unlikely to do anything useful

> $ curl -u some.email at gmail.com -v
> 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com'

Again curl again an https git URL, now without the branch. Still not going to do anything useful

> $ git clone 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com\[some.email@gmail.com\]'
> Cloning into 'some.email at gmail.com\[some.email at gmail.com\]'...
> Username for 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org': some.email at gmail.com
> Password for 'https://some.email@gmail.com@cloud.subsurface-divelog.org':
> fatal: Authentication failed for
> 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com\[some.email@gmail.com\]/'

The branch syntax only works in Subsurface, not with curl

> $ git clone 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com'
> Cloning into 'some.email at gmail.com'...
> Username for 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org': some.email at gmail.com
> Password for 'https://some.email@gmail.com@cloud.subsurface-divelog.org':
> remote: Counting objects: 49, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (28/28), done.
> remote: Total 49 (delta 10), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Unpacking objects: 100% (49/49), done.
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

That almost works, except that you need to tell git that you want the 'some.email at gmail.com' branch.

git clone -b some.email at gmail.com https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/some.email@gmail.com

should work

But none of these will answer the question why your Subsurface build isn't working.