[PR] MapWidget enhancements

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 8 12:53:06 PDT 2017

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> this PR implements the requested functionality to be able to:
>
> select a trip or any list of dives and the Map widget should estimate
> a center coordinate and a zoom level so that the list of selected
> dives locations are centered in the Map viewport
> select a list of dives in the dive list based on selecting a list of
> markers on the map

Hmm. I think this would work fine as an interface, except for some
reason it just doesn't work.

When I zoom out to see all of the Palau sites, and then do "Select
visible", it selects *most* of them. But definitely not all. And when
I then select one of the sites it didn't pick, it zooms in to the area
I just had selected, so it's not that I'd have the wrong GPS location
for that non-picked site.

I'll export my dives as xml, verify that it happens with that too, and
send Lubomir a copy of that xml in private.

                     Linus