[PR] MapWidget enhancements

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:45:27 PDT 2017

On 8 August 2017 at 22:53, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> this PR implements the requested functionality to be able to:
>>
>> select a trip or any list of dives and the Map widget should estimate
>> a center coordinate and a zoom level so that the list of selected
>> dives locations are centered in the Map viewport
>> select a list of dives in the dive list based on selecting a list of
>> markers on the map
>
> Hmm. I think this would work fine as an interface, except for some
> reason it just doesn't work.
>
> When I zoom out to see all of the Palau sites, and then do "Select
> visible", it selects *most* of them. But definitely not all. And when
> I then select one of the sites it didn't pick, it zooms in to the area
> I just had selected, so it's not that I'd have the wrong GPS location
> for that non-picked site.
>
> I'll export my dives as xml, verify that it happens with that too, and
> send Lubomir a copy of that xml in private.

updated the PR with a second patch to fix this:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/536

it was caused by missing those dive sites which are skipped for being
too close to each other when adding the flags.
now it should work.

the Map code still uses "fromCoordinate" (which i think doesn't always
work), so it would be good if the new functionality gets more testing.

lubomir