Aqua Divelog Import ?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 15 10:33:23 PDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Eric Schlicker <eric at schlicker.net> wrote:

> in the past I dived a lot and made nearly 330 dives.  But then my wife get 3
> kids and I quit diving for a long time. Now my oldest son made his dive
> license and so we will dive together. In the past I had a dive log software
> on the Palm, called Aqua Dive Log.  Palm is gone :-( So I try to find a
> solution to transfer it to a new software. Is ist possible? I attached the
> Aqua Divelog files.

Well, they are "palm DB" format, and there are tools to look at the
pdb records (google "palmdump", for example).

Sadly, the records themselves are then some proprietary binary stuff,
that is probably not too complicated, but would need a fair amopunt of
effort to figure out..

So it doesn't look trivial.

             Linus