Mac, Importing Scubapro SmartTrak divelogs

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 07:49:56 PDT 2017

Good afternoon Robert and Gregory.

> Hi Gregory,
>
> On 15. Aug 2017, at 03:20, Gregory Sin <uranicus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you help me to import SP logs, please
> I tried via 3rd party (DiveLogManager) and export to DL7 (see attached).
> However, SubSurface was not able to import from DL7 (crashed always).
>
> DL7 isn't a good dive info exchange format (drops too much info). Don't
know if DiveLogManager supports other exports, but this is quite bad
election.

> Im moving from Galileo to Ratio and looks like SubSurface is probably best
> Dive Log available.
> Main problem for me is to move Galileo log to SubSurface.
>

> I get the same crashes when reading your file as you do. Somebody
> (Miika???)  should look into it. In the meantime, you could try to directly
> convert your smart track files via the service on
>
> https://thetheoreticaldiver.org/rch-cgi-bin/smtk2ssrf.pl

Hmm, this doesn't look like a smarttrak file.

The crashes come from the weird windows line breaks. This file has just \r
instead of the usual \r\n.
Simply exchanging them with:
 tr '\015' '\012' <DiveLogManager.zxu >othername.zxu
did the work.

Attached converted file, as said very little info exported from
DiveLogManager :-(
If you have your smarttrak's original .slg file you will have better
results whit the link pointed by Robert.

Best Regards.

Salva.