RATIO iX3M DEEP computers compatibility and connection/configuration problem

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Aug 16 01:32:41 PDT 2017

Gregory,

> On 16. Aug 2017, at 10:15, Gregory Sin <uranicus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Miika, gentlemen
>
> Actually here is 2 problems.
> One is no connectivity with DEEP (via BT or USB) and second is lack of configuration functionality for iX3M computers.
>
> May be I can start from main problem- connectivity.
>
> Mac 10.9.5
> iX3M DEEP Gps APOS 4.0.26/013 (works well with Ratio SW via USB).
>
> CONNECTIVITY
>
> Perhaps screens saying more than words.
> In case of BT, Mac and DEEP are paired and connected.
> In case of USB you can see USB0 interface availability.
> Of course computer is in PC mode and showing CONNECTED in case of BT.

The problem is that the error message about „Insufficient privileges“ actually only means „there is a problem, I cannot talk to the device“. But we recently fixed some problems regarding BT connectivity on Macs (which at least solved a problem for my mac talking to an OSTC), so unless you are already doing that, you should try with the latest version from http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/

> CONFIGURATION
>
> To my understanding this feature not yet implemented?
> At least computer is not visible (USB/BT) on that screen.
> Any attempt to press CONNECT button returned w/o any reaction.
>
> Last week I was asking if SS and RATIO can be used together, I think Robert said it is ok.
> Appreciate if you may guide me what went wrong on my side. I will follow.
>
> Please accept my thanks for your kind effort and time.

Indeed, configuring dive computers in Subsurface is so far only implemented for OSTCs and Suuntos (as you can see from the device selection on the left).

Best
Robert