RATIO iX3M DEEP computers compatibility and connection/configuration problem

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Aug 16 01:47:14 PDT 2017

On 16 August, 2017 - Robert Helling wrote:

> > On 16. Aug 2017, at 10:15, Gregory Sin <uranicus at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > CONFIGURATION
> >
> > To my understanding this feature not yet implemented?
> > At least computer is not visible (USB/BT) on that screen.
> > Any attempt to press CONNECT button returned w/o any reaction.
> >
> > Last week I was asking if SS and RATIO can be used together, I think Robert said it is ok.
> > Appreciate if you may guide me what went wrong on my side. I will follow.
> >
> > Please accept my thanks for your kind effort and time.
>
> Indeed, configuring dive computers in Subsurface is so far only implemented for OSTCs and Suuntos (as you can see from the device selection on the left).

Its even more specific than that. Its just implemented for certain
OSTC models, and one Suunto model, the old Vyper series.

Its because those are the ones we have either documentation for (OSTC's)
or good reverse engineered information (Suunto Vyper), and I have access
to those devices and can test the code.

It's always going to be a selective subset of computer models which we
can configure and firmware update.

If anyone else have information about other computers and are willing to
spend some time with it, its just a bunch of coding to add support for
more computer models.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604