RATIO iX3M DEEP computers compatibility and connection/configuration problem

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Aug 16 02:46:15 PDT 2017

On 16 August, 2017 - Gregory Sin wrote:

> Dear Anton
>
> Could you please guide me what data do you need from RATIO.
> We are their distributors and have a good relation with them.
> Personally, I think this product is very well made and gaining more and more popularity.
> It could be good match between SubSurf and Ratio, I think.

Step zero. Find one or more people with the time to get it done.
Subsurface is written by a group of volunteers, doing this in their free
time. I could probably eventually get it done, but there's no guarantee
when.

Step one would be some documentation. How to read and write settings
to the computer. Whats the protocol? Which settings are there and how to
interpret the data.
The information doesn't need to be "public", but the code we write based
on it will be. As far as I know there is only one manufacturer which has
public documentation, and thats HeinrichsWeikamp. We have "non public"
documentation from more manufacturers, but its best if Ratio would be
willing to publish their documentation.

Step two would be a device to test it against. It doesn't need to be a
"full production" device, it could just as well be a device that failed
QA for reasons irellevant to program and test the code against. IE
consmetic defects, a couple of dead pixels on the display, uneven
backlight or such.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604