Importing dives from my old log software

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Aug 16 10:35:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Salvador Cuñat
<salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wasn't it so that OSX does not support IrDA and thus IR based devices
>> do not work on Mac with Subsurface? From Subsurface FAQ:
>>
> Yes, you are correct, of course.
> I tend to forget about OSX as I've never used it.

Honestly, irda is dying everywhere.

It was broken for a longish while under Windows 10, and Linux support
is honestly very flaky too.

Absolutely nothing uses irda any more outside of dive computers (and
apparently some old Polar sport watches).

So it's not going to get any better, I'm afraid.

                 Linus