Atmospheric pressure for Ratio iX3M

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 21 14:30:29 PDT 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Jef Driesen [mailto:jef at libdivecomputer.org]
Sent: Thursday, 17 August 2017 1:46 AM
To: Robert Helling <helling at lmu.de>
Cc: subsurface at subsurface-divelog.org; Steve
<stevewilliams at internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: Atmospheric pressure for Ratio iX3M

On 2017-07-13 10:11, Robert Helling wrote:
> we have a user report on the forum that gets incredibly low SAC rates
> for dives downloaded from a newly acquired Ratio iX3M. Looking at the
> xml I see there surface pressure values of above 9bar. Does anybody
> have an idea how those come about? Maybe there is something wrong in
> the parser.

According to the documentation, the atmospheric pressure is stored in
millibar. That appears to be correct for the older models (Orca and iDive).
But for all the newer models (iX3M) the result is indeed a factor 10 too
large. Probably a mistake in the documentation (or a bug in the firmware).
I'll take care of fixing that.

Jef

While you are making the surface pressure change can you also add the fixed
set point data.
I am manually adding the initial fixed setpoint ppo2 to the xml file and I
also don't think that the setpoint changes get added.
You should have my ix3m-reb data from our last testing that is using fixed
setpoint and without.

Steve