Bluetooth / BLE failing with Shearwater Petrel 2 on mobile and desktop

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:48:56 PDT 2017

On 23 August 2017 at 20:03, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 23 Aug. 2017 19:21, "Anton Lundin" <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> >
> > On 23 August, 2017 - Rick Walsh wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> Downloading to my desktop (v4.6.4-737-g5de49401c89c, built with Qt5.7.1
> on
> >> Fedora 26) also fails now.
> >
> >> Does anyone have any clue how to fix this?
> >
> > I don't know if 5.7.1 is modern enough for BT LE stuff on bluez. There's
> > a "// HACK ALERT! Qt 5.9 needs this for proper Bluez operation" and such
> > which points one towards a modern Qt.
> >
> > Test with a newer Qt. Newer is better? What could possibly go wrong?
> >
> > I tried that today. Downloaded qt5.9.1, and used ccmake in
> subsurface/build
> > to point to the right qt directories. But the build fails because it
> doesn't
> > have webkit. Is there some trick to make it work?
> >
> > I downloaded dives succesfully on Windows 7 with the latest binary.
>
> ccmake one more time, and switch to webengine

Thanks, I'll try that when I get a chance - hopefully some time in the
coming days.  I really hope I don't have to compile Qt myself.

Any idea why the mobile download might failing using Dirk's apk, and how
this could be debugged?

I'm using my Windows 7 laptop now.  I don't have my dive computer with me,
but going to the download dialog the BT address doesn't have the le:
prefix, so it appears that the successful download was using ordinary BT.

Cheers,

Rick