removing Marble traces from the Subsurface tree

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 07:23:17 PDT 2017

On 25 August 2017 at 06:55, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> with the new map widget we started phasing out the Marble globe...
>> the transition is smooth in the lines of using NO_MARBLE as toggle -
>> i.e. it either uses Marble or QtLocation.
>>
>> we should probably start removing it as a dependency from both c++,
>> cmake and build scripts (i might needs some help for the later). but
>> the question is - should we? do we want to keep it?
>>
>> i got no issue reports about the new Map widget which means all is good with it.
>
> Any idea about the following error message?
>
> qrc:/MapWidget.qml:45: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to
> QDeclarativeGeoMapType*
> qml: MapWidget.qml: cannot find a plugin with the name 'googlemaps'
>
> I am currently getting no map when compiling myself. I am pretty sure
> it did work earlier with this laptop, but not anymore. But then again,
> it might have been different laptop where the new map was working.

Miika, Dirk already explained the situation.

can you please try the following:
1) before running the Subsurface binary that you've build add the following:
$ export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1
and look for output related to "googlemaps".

basically, Qt is supposed to look *not only* in the default plugin
folders protected by root access:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/deployment-plugins.html

2) what happens if you put the google maps plugin ".so" that you've
build next to the Subsurface binary in the following path:
<path-to-subsurface>/plugins/geoservices/libqtgeoservices_googlemaps.so
?

we may have to attempt using QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath() for
this to work, but to my understanding we shouldn't.

lubomir