removing Marble traces from the Subsurface tree

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Aug 25 12:42:51 PDT 2017

> On Aug 25, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 25, 2017, at 12:19 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have googled up and down and indeed it seems like Debian based distros don't bundle the private headers / private qmake files, whereas Red Hat based distros as well as Arch Linux do. I haven't looked on OpenSUSE, yet.
>>
>> That's of course a problem... any creative solutions how we can help people on Ubuntu to be able to build this module?
>>
>> Thiago?
>
> I just created a pull request for vladest to remove the dependency on positioning-private (as that isn't needed), but location-private is indeed required and I'm not sure where to get that from on Ubuntu.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtlocation-opensource-src/+question/265350

So this is a known problem with their packaging.

So what we need to do is at build time is to determine the Linux flavor we are on, if Debian based, determine the Qt version, download the missing header files for that version, and build against those.

YUCK.