removing Marble traces from the Subsurface tree

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Aug 25 13:41:49 PDT 2017

> On Aug 25, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
>
> On Friday, 25 August 2017 12:43:28 PDT Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> about the private headers not being available - i just read in a
>> github project that some distros simply do not include them, so one
>> has to download the offline Linux installer of Qt from here -
>> https://www.qt.io/download-open-source/#section-2.
>
> Most distros do include them. Fedora has them in the regular package:
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=10536754
>
> OpenSUSE has in separate "private-headers-devel" packages:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/openSUSE:Leap:42.3/libqt5-qtbase?
> repository=standard

So it appears it's only Ubuntu / Debian that are causing the pain.

And it seems that for our supported versions of Ubuntu all we need to do is
offer to download, unpack, and appropriately search at build time one of three
source tar.xz:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/qtlocation-opensource-src_5.5.1.orig.tar.xz
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/qtlocation-opensource-src_5.7.1.orig.tar.xz
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/qtlocation-opensource-src_5.9.1+dfsg.orig.tar.xz

Somewhat annoying, but manageable.

What am I missing?

This requires some scripting, etc, but we should be able to install the headers in
our install-root and get the googlemaps plugin to use those.

Any volunteers to look into that? Maybe someone who sometimes builds on Ubuntu? :-)