removing Marble traces from the Subsurface tree

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 22:08:14 PDT 2017

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>>> That may be even easier than what I just sent out.
>>>
>>> Here's my request - can you add to this script
>>>
>>> a) detection if the headers are already there (qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS and poke around there)
>>> b) if not, download the headers (using the script or something similar)
>>> c) don't install into the system path, but have them in install_root and modify googlemaps plugin to pick them up from there if necessary
>>>

>> i got this working (a,b,c) with the headers residing in the plugin
>> folders, but vladest needs to revert the PR, IMO.
>
> OOPS. I tested it here and it seemed to work. Maybe I the headers
> stayed around when I removed the package. Weird. I'll apologize to him.
>
>> also i'm pretty sure we need to pull the QtPositioning private headers too.
>
> That's what it looks like from your test :-(
>
>> except for c) -> can you please explain "install_root"?
>> is this where all the subsurface source code resides after pulling.
>> would that mean that there would be a "googlemaps" folder in there,
>> where supposedly the private headers needs to be placed too if they
>> don't exist in ?
>
> When we run scripts/build.sh we install the things that we build as dependencies
> under ~/src/install_root (assuming you have ~/src/subsurface). And we also install
> the googlemaps plugin in that hierarchy. So it seems reasonable to also install the
> include file that we get from Qt private headers in that same hierarchy, just for
> consistency.
>
>> will continue on this tomorrow.

I just got thinking this morning... Since I have the install of Qt
5.9.1 on my system, that should include all the headers, why am I
still using the Ubuntu packaged Qt for googlemaps plugin. And after
hardcoding the qmake in build.sh to point to the one in my qmake 5.9.1
I was able to build googlemaps plugin just fine. Then just copying it
under subsurface build dir was enough to get the map to work.

miika