4.7.5 next week

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 1 04:51:50 PST 2017

Dirk Hohndel schreef op 2017-12-01 04:43:

>> My request for 4.7.5 is a merge of Jefs libdivecomputer work into our
>> branch. Some OSTC work related to pSCR diving is recently added (and
>> some other stuff that I have no opinion about).
>
> libdivecomputer master contains quite a few changes for Jef's approach
> refactoring the IO subsystem - which unfortunately moves it even
> further
> away from what we are doing (and based on what I've seen so far, this
> isn't going to be a useful approach for us, so I'm not sure what we can
> do
> here). I'm definitely NOT in favor to merge this right before a
> release...

Yes, I fully understand this. However, with a monthly schedule of
Subsurface releases, things are getting even more difficult to get in,
as the window for testing gets small.

> I talked to Linus about this (who is traveling this week) and he was
> going
> to take a look and merge all the non-iostream related commits into our
> branch. I can see about eight or ten commits in there that we should
> pick... everything up to the 0.6.0 release, and then today's commit
> that
> detects invalid profile data on an OSTC3.

Yes, this might be a way on at this point in time.

> Will the SCR patch from today be useful for us without further changes
> in Subsurface?

Well, I will add a commit after the actual add of the
DC_DIVEMODE_CCR/SCR change to get pSCR for OSTC fully working (with
correct divemode). Without this, the pSCR import from OSTC3 is simply
broken (cannot parse header). But that can go after 4.7.5 (cosmetic
error). So yes, very usefull as it  unbreaks things. That extra change
obviously does not build before the change in libdivecomputer..

> PS: setting a Reply-To: Linus in your email was an interesting choice,
> Jan...

Sorry, my bad. Stupid webmail client that I hard ever use.

--jan