iOS

Murillo Bernardes mfbernardes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 23:22:38 PST 2017

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 12:01 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 7:50 AM, Murillo Bernardes <mfbernardes at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> So much fun to wake up to such good news.
>> Thank you, Murillo!
>>
>> I glanced through the diff and (like Miika) am not quite sure why you
>> changed things to QString (if this is needed, could this be a separate
>> commit?)
>>

> Change to QStrings is not really necessary, just made it quicker for me to
> test what I really wanted to test.
>

> OK
>

> And of course the question is "why isn't the call to
>> connectionListMode.addAddress()" not needed?
>>

> It is needed, still there for newDC. This just removed from the list
> things we "know" (maybe not for a fact) are not DC. I haven't understood
> yet all the code involved, so I might be missing something.
>
> Just to make BLE work this change is not really needed, sure.
>

> I'm not sure I understand your answer. But then I should stare at the code
> in context some more.
>
> And likewise "why aren't we calling saveBtDeviceInfo(...) on the other
>> platforms".

On desktop we are calling saveBtDeviceInfo(...) when the Save button is
clicked.

Now I understand why even though the last device is showed it doesn't work
unless I scan and save again.

> I only found references to getBtDeviceInfo on a code specific for Mac and
> iOS (qt-ble.cpp:300). Not sure how this works on Mac since it is never
> populated.
>

> It's not clear why for each device discovered, instead of just storing the
> DeviceInfo we instead use this info to create multiple other structures
> (like serviceUuids, btDCs) and later try to reconstruct whatever is
> needed.
>

> I think it is fair to say that this code went through a lot of iterations
> between the initial ideas and what ended up working across all of the
> platforms. It may be a good idea to look into cleaning things up and
> simplifying the data structures, once we have it all working.

For now I sent a PR just saving all DeviceInfo on iOS.

I'm planning to modify ConnectionListModel in order to store additional
data, in the same way it's done for desktop.