TestFlight beta feedback for Subsurface-mobile.

John Smith noseygit at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 03:13:13 PST 2017

On 2 Dec 2017, at 21:11, Scott Ireland <sireland at ualberta.net<mailto:sireland at ualberta.net>> wrote:

Since I’ve just finished the last dives of a trip and won’t have more samples to import for a while, I went into local mode (which, incidentally, caused the app to crash) and did another import which managed to reproduce the issue with one line “missing”.  One (cropped) screenshot was taken after initially scrolling down the list (there were about 40 dives imported this time and the fault was near the bottom of the list), and the other after scrolling up and down and causing enough of a redraw to make the missing line reappear (there should be two dives on Sep 28).

> On Dec 2, 2017, at 15:49, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org<mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for the feedback - this is super helpful.
> I noticed (sadly, after pushing to TestFlight) that only the Shearwater dive computers populate. The other ones are missing and I haven't figured out why, yet.
>
>> On Dec 2, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Scott Ireland <sireland at ualberta.net<mailto:sireland at ualberta.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Successfully imported 35 dives from a Shearwater Perdix (non-AI) to the mobile app on iPad.
Brought in 54 dives from a petrel 2 without any download issues

>> Had a little confusion at the start as to exactly what process had to be followed, which is more a documentation thing than anything.  I initially tried BT pairing (which fails at discovery) and am used to the workflow from desktop where I would open the app, start BT on the Perdix, then initiate the download, but here it seems that BT has to be started before the app opens for the Perdix to be picked up.  Once I tried it in that order, it worked.  Maybe some kind of “rediscover” option would help here (and I’ll admit I didn’t wait long enough to see if this was being done automatically).
>
> Yes, this is something that we need to work on - the overall flow is not intuitive and assumes that you know what to do in which order. Part of the problem is, of course, that this is different on pretty much every OS we support :-(

Fair enough.. and in this case, the current docs (which are more Android-focused) seem to suggest that pairing is necessary, which is what tripped me up at first.

I followed Scott’s workflow, turned on bluetooth on the petrel , then started subsurface. This seems to work every time
>> The dive list for the import confirmation was a bit strange; some of the lines wouldn’t display at first showing a fractured list with gaps in it but after I scrolled back and forth they reappeared.  Once they all showed up I couldn’t reproduce the problem from that import.
I saw a similar issue, reminded me of the same issue that we were seeing in the dive list a while ago.

Overall the download was successful, however some information isn’t always being written to the profile.

From the grab below, you can see that water temp given but there is no temperature line. However in a previous dive, the temp line is drawn correctly
[image1.png]

[image2.png]

Regards