towards Subsurface 4.7.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.0.2 for iOS and Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 4 10:13:46 PST 2017

Hi there,

Here's my rough plan.

Linus just merged the latest functional changes in libdivecomputer (which once again took some commits from our branch and made random changes to them, making the merging increasingly harder), but of course not the iostream code...

I know that Jan had a change that he wanted to add once libdivecomputer is merged (I'm just talking to Linus about the logistics of changing the submodule ref - this should happen RSN).

After that I was thinking that we could spend a couple of days calming things down and testing a bit more :-)
And give the translators a chance to catch up.
And update the Subsurface-mobile 2.0 manual to reflect the addition of iOS

I see more than a dozen people are testing Subsurface-mobile on iOS.
I'll make a new Android build tonight as well (but of course you can always test the artifacts from the continuous build...).
I'll push new test builds for Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora today.

Anything that I'm missing? Should we aim for Wednesday or Thursday as release date (knowing that it can take another day or three until the iOS app gets approved).

Thanks for all the contributions. This feels the busiest we've been in a long time (if ever).