towards Subsurface 4.7.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.0.2 for iOS and Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 4 16:51:55 PST 2017

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Dirk Hohndel schreef op 2017-12-04 19:13:
>
>> Linus just merged the latest functional changes in libdivecomputer
>> (which once again took some commits from our branch and made random
>> changes to them, making the merging increasingly harder), but of
>> course not the iostream code...
>> I know that Jan had a change that he wanted to add once
>> libdivecomputer is merged (I'm just talking to Linus about the
>> logistics of changing the submodule ref - this should happen RSN).
>
> Hmm, I see that the 2 commits I would like to see merged (SHAs from  Jefs master 76187c550a806fe and f87720dff9e04dbe) are not merged. Not sure that thats intentional or just forgotten. As our release is coming close, I could live with postphoning it to 4.7.6 (also as my time is still limited to add my fix on top).

Linus and I talked about this, long story short, he would rather not cherry-pick but merge to a specific commit in Jef's libdivecomputer (this way the git history stays sane). That means he is currently looking at the iostream code, which means he has a headache, is frustrated and may or may not get this done today, or this week, or ever.

It's frustrating that Jef went down that road even though we had pretty strong arguments why his design is not useful for the dive computers that we already support...