towards Subsurface 4.7.5 and Subsurface-mobile 2.0.2 for iOS and Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 4 21:34:58 PST 2017

Update:

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 10:13 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> Linus just merged the latest functional changes in libdivecomputer (which once again took some commits from our branch and made random changes to them, making the merging increasingly harder), but of course not the iostream code...

Turns out this was incorrect. Two commits are missing - I'll leave it to Linus how he wants to continue there.

> After that I was thinking that we could spend a couple of days calming things down and testing a bit more :-)
> And give the translators a chance to catch up.
> And update the Subsurface-mobile 2.0 manual to reflect the addition of iOS

All this is still true. I'm working on a first pass for the mobile-manual.txt right now.

> I see more than a dozen people are testing Subsurface-mobile on iOS.
> I'll make a new Android build tonight as well (but of course you can always test the artifacts from the continuous build...).
> I'll push new test builds for Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora today.

So all this has happened.
- latest AppImage is on GitHub
- latest Ubuntu / Fedora / openSUSE are in the daily repositories (those haven't been renamed to -test, btw)
- latest Windows, Mac, and Android is in downloads/test
- latest Android was also pushed to Google Play Beta testers
- latest iOS is on TestFlight

As always, comments, feedback, input, and issue reports are welcome.