Subsurface-mobile 2.0.1 and Subsurface 4.7.5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 7 14:38:40 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 08:59:50PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> i went through the commits and this is what i ended up with - attached patch.
>
>     - Minor formatting changes (to the release notes lines - e.g.
> consistent "Subsurface-mobile:")
>     - Added a couple of missing notes
>     - Make the ReleaseNotes.txt format to indicate the latest
>     version on top

I took the patch as is, but I'll add a follow up patch to slightly change
things

a) For the release, really have 4.7.5 on top. The first commit after that
should then list 4.7.6 on top.
b) create a brief note at the end of the changes that mentions the change
in approach :-)

/D

> Here is a quick write up based on the previous one:

Thank you. That really helps me as a starting point for the announcement.
It's kinda silly how much little things like this help me. I just walked
away from the conference I'm attending and will skip the evening event and
instead work on this release.

> ^ i would also add this:

> Our build system now supports a continuous build which allows you to
> run the latest development version for testing purposes:
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous
> NOTE: Could be unstable, use at your own risk!

I'll phrase it slightly differently ("use at your own risk" sounds a bit
strong), but definitely something I'll add.

> > This is why I hate black and white rules.
> > Many cleanups are obviously correct (removing an unused variable as
> > an extreme case). Why would that wait for a review?
> > On the flip side, especially things that change the UI, change core data
> > structures... those really should get a review or two.
>
> maybe in time the rules and formal rules will establish them self -
> i.e. "learn as we go".
> yes, the "always 2 people reviewing" scenario is ideal, but overkill
> for all commits.

I think we will learn as we go. The positive changes we've made over the
past six months certainly seem to be having an impact.

Thanks