Switching to Qt 5.10

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Fri Dec 8 07:29:52 PST 2017

On sexta-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2017 07:19:16 PST Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> so this shouldn't be a problem unless the standard library rename() on
> Android is broken too.

It isn't. The Linux rename(2) syscall is fine.

That was just me being clever by trying to implement rename-without-clobber by
doing link(2) then unlink(2). I was defeated by the security policies on
Android that make link(2) return with EACCES, indicating a file permission
error instead of "no hardlinks permitted" (that would have been EPERM).

The syscall filtering applied on Linux can also interfere with Qt's use of
renameat2 and statx. If you use Qt inside a container, make sure those
syscalls are either permitted or return ENOSYS.