Subsurface-mobile 2.0.1 and Subsurface 4.7.5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Dec 9 08:39:08 PST 2017

> On Dec 9, 2017, at 12:18 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Here is a bit of my experience on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> Building from master 4.7.4-280. I do not need to build with -build-with-webkit to get a working map. However, there is no printing facility if it is built WITHOUT -build-with-webkit.

The map has nothing to do with webkit. The map requires the googlemaps plugin. Printing and Facebook integration require webkit

> Downloading from Ubuntu repository, I get 4.7.4-258. In this specific version there is a printing facility but no map.

You are downloading from the "subsurface-daily" repository, not from the "subsurface" one - that's why you don't get the release.

Clearly something is going wrong with bundling / packaging the map. It would have been nice to have known this prior to the release, but that's ok, I'll add it to my list of things to check into.