O2 sensor values on CCR dives

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Dec 11 06:59:55 PST 2017

On 11 December, 2017 - Davide DB wrote:

> On 11 December 2017 at 10:16, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> >> I calibrate my two Petrels ALWAYS when I assemble my unit as part of
> >> my checklist and ALWAYS the same day I dive and. No calibration No
> >> party.
> >> I made other dives and all of them show the same error. Shearwater
> >> desktop tell me that everything is ok (like my Petrel underwater)
> >> while Subsurface reports pO2 over 1.6.
> >> Thank you for the detailed explanation.
> >> Where do we go from here?
> >
> > Is this a divecan unit or something?
> >
> > I'm just guessing that it might affect how/where the cal factors are stored.
> >

> > //Anton
>
> Yes, divecan unit.

There we go. Thats probably why its the factory default cal factors that
are stored in the header, and not the real ones. It might be that the DC
doesn't even have them, and its only the sensor board which know them
for real.

My suggestion then is to not show individual sensor ppo2's, if the cal
factor is 2100, and just emit the average ppo2 then.

At least that one is accurate.

The best would be if we had a interface which let us both expose the
average ppo2 and the raw mV values.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604