Cloud connection fails using AppImage

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 23:05:55 PST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 11:58 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tested running the AppImage on an older server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS aka
> trusty). The cloud connection seems to fail with the following verbose log
> on the console:
>
> ---8<---
> Completed connection with cloud storage backend, response "[OK]"
> Set the current dive site: 0
> cloud URL set as "https://cloud.subsurface-dive
> log.org//git/miika.turkia at gmail.com[miika.turkia at gmail.com]"
> Opening cloud storage from: "https://cloud.subsurface-dive
> log.org//git/miika.turkia at gmail.com[miika.turkia at gmail.com]"
> Set the current dive site: 0
> git_remote_repo: accessing https://cloud.subsurface-divel
> og.org//git/miika.turkia at gmail.com
> git storage: Synchronising data file
> git storage: create_local_repo
> Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
> Checking cloud connection...
> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (1 second(s) passed)
> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (2 second(s) passed)
> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (3 second(s) passed)
> git storage: Waiting for cloud connection (4 second(s) passed)
> git storage: Cloud connection failed
> connection test to cloud server failed QNetworkReply::NetworkError(ProtocolInvalidOperationError)
> "Error transferring https://cloud.subsurface-divel
> og.org//make-latte?number-of-shots=3 - server replied: I'm a teapot" 418
> "Linus does not like non-fat milk"
>

> That is the correct response. What the heck is going on?

My thought exactly. I have tried running the subsurface from extracted
appimage with similar results. However, when running with ltrace,
eventually the cloud sync started to work (but not the first time I
attempted). Quite hard to figure out what is going wrong most of the
times...

> Cloud storage: unable to connect to cloud server
> loc https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/miika.turkia@gmail.com
> wasn't found or is not a directory
> ---8<---
>
> The used image was downloaded from following url:
> http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/Subsurface-4.7.5-x86_64.AppImage
>
> Was there some URL where I can grab the Travis built version from? Somehow
> I fail to find where the resulting AppImage (or any other binary) is copied
> to...
>

> So that is a build from Travis that I copied back to our server.
> The whole point is that people can test the same AppImage that I'm
> shipping.
> You can get the latest continuous build here:
>
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/tag/continuous

tnx. Should have remembered the releases option in github.

miika