Subsurface libdivecomputer branch merged with upstream..

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 12 16:07:52 PST 2017

Linus,

Thanks for the effort you put into this - I am happy to see us not stranded at 0.6.0!

> On Dec 12, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> So this took many hours and much frustration, but I've got an updated
> libdivecomputer tree at
>
>    https://github.com/torvalds/libdc-for-dirk
>
> which has the iostream code from Jef's upstream libdivecomputer.

I owe you dinner.

> Dirk - caveat emptor. I think it's all good. It looks sane. It passes
> my tests. But the diffs to both of the parents in that merge is
> complicated, and the merge does a fair amount of things that were not
> in either parent since it only made sense as part of the merged state.
>
> I'm actually fairly happy with the end result, but the merge itself
> was painful enough that you really should check it out.

I am traveling but decided to take a couple of dive computers with me.
Not because I expected opportunities to dive in Palo Alto, but because
I was hoping that I might get to use them. Looks like I might get lucky.

I think we should be able to take advantage of our git submodule to
make some of this easier - correct me if I'm wrong. But if I merge this
into a different branch (let's say Subsurface-experimental) of libdc then
I should be able to create a pull request for Subsurface that references
that git SHA for the submodule and that should give us test builds and
installable binaries for all but iOS "for free", correct?