Warnings (was: Subsurface libdivecomputer branch merged with upstream..)

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 15 01:24:16 PST 2017

On Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017 23:34:32 CET Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Dec 13, 2017, at 11:31 AM, Berthold Stoeger
> > <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:>
> > PS: compilation of libdivecomputer produces tons of warnings. :-o
>
> Yes, Jef cranked up the warning level quite a bit.
> I actually removed two of them (-Wextra and -Wpedantic) to keep things at
> least somewhat manageable, but it is noisy.

Speaking of warnings: how about compiling subsurface with -Wall as a default?
At least on gcc it's pretty clean and only seems to address real issues.

Concerning the float warning, I have a patch that turns all float calculations
into double calculations sitting around for a few weeks. I think float is like
short: only to be used in very specific circumstances. But I'll let the pros
decide.

Berthold