Uninitialized variable in profile.c

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 15:10:14 PST 2017

On 18 Dec. 2017 12:20 am, "Berthold Stoeger" <bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at>
wrote:

Hi Rick,

In current master, gcc produces an uninitialized variable warning in
profile.c,
which seems correct to me.

In l.1044 last_ceiling is compared to first_ceiling, but last_ceilng is set
first in l.1056. I guess decoMode() cannot change in this function, so gcc's
analysis seems correct.

There is another warning concerning entry in l.807. To make the warning go
away, you could add a
  if (pi->nr <= 0)
    return;
block before the loop. Even if pi->nr can never be <= 0, this seems like a
good idea for robustness' sake.

Hi Berthold,
Timezone differences mean I missed this discussion. My experience in
programming is limited and entirely informal. So long as the result is as
expected, I will happily defer to the judgement of you, Dirk and Robert.

Cheers,
Rick