4.7.6

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Mon Dec 25 01:36:25 PST 2017

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Dec 24, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> >>
> >> cd ~/src/subsurface
> >> git submodule update
> >
> >> cd subsurface
> > [master=]> git submodule update
> > fatal: destination path
> > '.../subsurface/libdivecomputer' already exists and
> > is not an empty directory.
>
> And there is your problem - I'm guessing that you have a version of
> libdivecomputer checked out in subsurface/libdivecomputer

I guess subsurface/libdivecomputer came with:

commit 10237a19b7b65802a0ceb2f8e2192703ad2fcf97
Author: Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>
Date:   Sun Dec 3 11:39:58 2017 -0800

    libdc: add our libdivecomputer branch as git submodule

But that was previously cloned under ~/src, if I remember correctly.
And what I missed was doing:

	[master=]> git submodule update

at some point after pulling from
git://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface

> move that directory elsewhere (or remove completely) and try again.

Yes, I ended up removing both ~/src/libdivecomputer and
~/src/subsurface/libdivecomputer,

	> cd ~/src/subsurface
	[master=]> git pull
	[master=]> git submodule update

and now it builds.

I imagine this must have happen for many other people who keep their
cloned trees around for a long time.  If my interpretation is correct,
would it be a good idea to mention something about it in the INSTALL
file?

Cheers,

--
Cristian