Problems with planner

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 29 08:28:53 PST 2017

On 29-12-17 10:24, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> There is a problem with initialising the planner when a saved dive plan
> is edited in the planner under version 4.7.5.
>
> Attached a .ssrf test dive plan.
>
> When I open the dive plan as a dive within the dive list, I get the
> profile in "Saved dive plan.png". Everything ok. Specifically, the
> cylinder pressure is presented correctly.
>
> When I select Log -> Edit in dive planner", I get the profile in "Edit
> in planner_1.png". No problem. The cylinder pressure is shown correctly.
>
> Now, the reason for editing a dive plan from the dive list is to do some
> more playing around with parameters that affect the deco schedule. In
> order to achieve this, the three white points in the ascent part of the
> dive plan profile need to be deleted so that recalculation of the ascent
> can be performed.
>
> So I start deleting these points, starting with the final point on the
> surface at the end of the dive. This results in the profile shown in
> "Edit in planner_2.png". Notice that the cylinder pressure graph is
> incorrect.
>
> I then select Cancel in the dive planner to abandon the edit to return
> to the dive list. This gives, from the dive list, the profile in "After
> edit in planner.png" The cylinder pressure is still incorrect. In fact,
> the profiles of *all the other* dives in the dive list are also affected
> in the same way and I need to restart Subsurface in order to get the
> correct profiles again.

I can confirm the issue on the current master, so no recent regression.
The workaround is simple: just click on one of the remaining points and
the problem solves itself. Or delete the 3 points from the table,
instead of from the graph.

Given the workaround, I did a quick search to fix this, but no success.
So I propose to open a GitHub issue for this.

--jan