Problems building Subsurface for Android

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:42:01 PST 2017

Wilhelm,
On 2 February 2017 at 17:28, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> On 02/02/2017 18:01, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>

>> I get the folowing scripting error in build.sh:
>>>
>>> ~/src/libdivecomputer-build-arm ~/src
>>> subsurface/packaging/android/build.sh: line 296:
>>> /home/willem/src/subsurface/../libdivecomputer/configure: No such file
>>> or directory
>>>
>> autoreconf --install
>> in the libdivecomputer directory should take care of that.
>> For odd reasons I sometimes have to run that twice
>> The Android build instructions assume that this is a libdivecomputer
>> directory that has already been used for builds.
>> I guess we could should fix that in the Android build
>>
>>  There is no libdivecomputer directory in src. I have such a directory in
> my backup/src directory which contains the Linux build resources.
> However, in the current src there is a directory
> libdivecomputer-build-arm. But if I remember correctly, I do not need
> the 'normal' libdivecomputer but one that has some Android-specific
> things?? The only other way to get the 'normal' directory is to download
> it from the libdivecomputer website?
> Kind regards,
> willem

The libdivecomputer-build-arm contains the output when the script builds
libdivecomputer for the arm archtecture.
But in order to do so it needs aces to the libdivecomputer sources, and
that folder should be in the same directory as your subsurface folder.
You should be able to symlink your libdivecomputer folder from backup/src
to the current src folder.
If you have built the linux version you will have to do a clean before
building for arm.

If you look in your current src folder there vill be a number of
"-build-arm" folders, those contain the modules built for arm architecture
for subsurface-mobile.

Jocke