Problems building Subsurface for Android

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Feb 3 01:49:29 PST 2017

    On 03/02/2017 08:25, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

    Remove the quotations on line 383 and try again, that fixed it for me.
    --

    Jocke

I think your suggestions were extremely helpful. Thank you very much.
The problem below is due to a totally different reason. It almost
completes the build now, then I get:

$ bash subsurface/packaging/android/build.sh
~/src/subsurface ~/src
~/src
~/src/qt-android-cmake ~/src
Already up-to-date.
~/src
-- building without marble widget support
-- building without printing support
-- building without usermanual
-- building with libftdi support
-- system name Android
-- Found Qt for Android: /home/willem/src/Qt/5.7/android_armv7
-- Found Android SDK:
/home/willem/src/subsurface/../android-sdk-linux       <===
-- Found Android NDK: /home/willem/src/subsurface/../android-ndk-r13b
-- Found ANT: /usr/bin/ant
-- Configuring done

............. etc

Scanning dependencies of target subsurface.apk
[ 89%] Generating run_android_deploy_qt
Directory /home/willem/src/android-sdk-linux/platforms does not exist
make[2]: *** [run_android_deploy_qt] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/subsurface.apk.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
$

There are two problems here.

1) The location of the android sdk. On my machine it resides at
~/Android/Sdk/tools. It is not in ~/src. For this reason I am not sure
how to interpret the message marked with <===, above because it differs
both in the name of the directory as well as its location. In theory I
could generate a symlink just as I did for Qt and libdivecomputer.

The current organisation on my machine is:

~/Android/Sdk$ ls -l
total 28
drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 build-tools
drwxrwxr-x  4 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 extras
drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:32 patcher
drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:31 platforms
drwxrwxr-x  5 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 platform-tools
drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:32 sources
drwxrwxr-x 12 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:34 tools

And here, indeed is probably the missing platforms directory which, in
turn, contains the Android-25 directory

I think the script just does not know where to find all the bits and pieces.

Obviously I have something simple not done right. Any suggestions?

I am much closer now to building the .apk

Kind regards,

willem