Problems building Subsurface for Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 3 02:27:49 PST 2017

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 1:49 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> Scanning dependencies of target subsurface.apk
> [ 89%] Generating run_android_deploy_qt
> Directory /home/willem/src/android-sdk-linux/platforms does not exist
> make[2]: *** [run_android_deploy_qt] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/subsurface.apk.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> $
> There are two problems here.
>
> 1) The location of the android sdk. On my machine it resides at ~/Android/Sdk/tools. It is not in ~/src. For this reason I am not sure how to interpret the message marked with <===, above because it differs both in the name of the directory as well as its location. In theory I could generate a symlink just as I did for Qt and libdivecomputer.
>
> The current organisation on my machine is:
> ~/Android/Sdk$ ls -l
> total 28
> drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 build-tools
> drwxrwxr-x  4 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 extras
> drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:32 patcher
> drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:31 platforms
> drwxrwxr-x  5 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:33 platform-tools
> drwxrwxr-x  3 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:32 sources
> drwxrwxr-x 12 willem willem 4096 Feb  3 11:34 tools
> And here, indeed is probably the missing platforms directory which, in turn, contains the Android-25 directory
> I think the script just does not know where to find all the bits and pieces.
>
> Obviously I have something simple not done right. Any suggestions?
>
> I am much closer now to building the .apk
So did you run the scripts/android-build.sh that I wrote pretty much specifically for you to help you through all these things?

I should have realized yesterday that you didn't because THAT one downloads and installs libdivecomputer and does the autoreconf.
And it installs the platforms and everything.

I ran this script on a freshly installed Ubuntu VM and it gets all the paths right, gets all the components you need and results in a working apk