Problems building Subsurface for Android

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Feb 3 02:50:15 PST 2017

On 03/02/2017 12:27, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So did you run the scripts/android-build.sh that I wrote pretty much
> specifically for you to help you through all these things?
>
> I should have realized yesterday that you didn't because THAT one
> downloads and installs libdivecomputer and does the autoreconf.
> And it installs the platforms and everything.
>
> I ran this script on a freshly installed Ubuntu VM and it gets all the
> paths right, gets all the components you need and results in a working apk
>
> /D

Dirk,

I was not paying attention. I did not find the script in
packaging/android and assumed I should use the "normal" build.sh. Now
that you mentioned it, I did a specific search and found it in the
subsurface/scripts folder. I copied the script over to packaging/android
and ran it. At the moment Internet-speed at the university is
prohibitively slow to execute the script: cannot connect to servers,
especially that in Brazil. Will try later today from home.

Thanks so much for this. I appreciate this very much.

Kind regards,

willem