Problems building Subsurface for Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 3 03:00:10 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 12:51:21PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:

> On 03/02/2017 12:27, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > So did you run the scripts/android-build.sh that I wrote pretty much
> > specifically for you to help you through all these things?
> >
> > I should have realized yesterday that you didn't because THAT one
> > downloads and installs libdivecomputer and does the autoreconf.
> > And it installs the platforms and everything.
> >
> > I ran this script on a freshly installed Ubuntu VM and it gets all the
> > paths right, gets all the components you need and results in a working apk
> >
> > /D
> >
> Dirk,
>
> I was not paying attention. I did not find the script in
> packaging/android and assumed I should use the "normal" build.sh. Now
> that you mentioned it, I did a specific search and found it in the
> subsurface/scripts folder. I copied the script over to packaging/android
> and ran it. At the moment Internet-speed at the university is
> prohibitively slow to execute the script: cannot connect to servers,
> especially that in Brazil. Will try later today from home.

I thought you retired? Anyway...

Please don't move the script. Why would you? It's tested to run where it
is.

Go to ~/src
make sure that ~/src/subsurface has the latest version of subsurface
bash -x ./subsurface/scripts/android-build.sh

If you do that it should hopefully notice that you have Qt downloaded
already (assuming that's where you put things). The whole point of the
script was to create something to make sure this is all reproducable.

Of course, since you didn't use the script to install the Android SDK, I
would ask you to please REMOVE the Android SDK that you may have under
~/src/... so that the script downloads the right one and then installs the
platforms (that was how I realized that you hadn't used the script).

I'll try to go back to sleep (darn insomnia) - will check in on your
progress in about 4-5 hours (if I'm lucky).