Diveplan line breaks in UI and printing - <div> vs. <br> - Linux vs. Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 3 12:46:32 PST 2017

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> you may know me as a complete newbie managed to do my first small change to the Subsurface planner: Adding surface pressure and SAC to the planner results.
>
> Now I found out there is one issue left concerning printing. I attached 4 screen shots:
>
> - Output in UI in planner looks good
> - Output in UI in main window in notes section looks good
> - Printing (template "Onedive") in linux is complete crap because the <br> are not translated at all. --> Issue (1)
>   I would expect this is even an old issue?!

Yes, this appears to be something that happens to a fair number of our users. There's even an FAQ about this (which may have to become non-Mac specific... so far only Mac users had reported this)
Can you see if this helps?

This is likely caused by an earlier install of Subsurface on the same computer. For some reason Subsurface may have decided to store a personal copy of the print template and is using that instead of the one shipped with Subsurface.
If you intentionally made specific changes to the templates, re-edit the templates and ensure that dive.notes is referenced as dive.notes|secure).
Or you could just delete the template copies... ~/.subsurface/printing_templates is where they are most likely stored...

> - Printing (template "Onedive") in win is also not perfect because a few line breaks are missing which are there in the UI.
>   Line breaks missing are: Before "Runtime...", "Deco model...", "ATM pressure..." and "Gas consumption...". --> Issue (2)
>
> What can we do about (1) which is even more serious?

See above :-)

I don't know why we are using <div> for some things but not for others. I didn't write that code :-)
It looks like Henrik may have introduced this?