Quirks of the Subsurface dive planner

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Feb 5 06:57:20 PST 2017

I played around quite a bit with your latest patches. As far as I can
see, the problems have disappeared. The dive planner is much more
workable now in terms of saving and re-editing plans. Thank you very
much for your time.

I append the log of dive plans I sent earlier, as well as an image.
There are two anomalies that probably have nothing to do with your two
pull requests, but maybe you understand this better than I do. In the
dive profile, vertical white lines are 10 mins apart. At around 12 min,
the estimated gas pressure for EAN drops precipitously (I think
vertically; immediately to the left of the 25/15 dark grey label). On
the other hand, there is a change to EAN63 at 30 min. After changing to
EAN36, the gas pressure for that cylinder does not change at all until
about 36 min. Also, the end pressure for EAN36 does not appear credible
to me. These anomalies are associated with gas changes.

In the appended XML dive log, this specific dive is the 45m dive at
17h12 on Feb 26th.

depth

duration

runtime