Problems building Subsurface for Android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Feb 5 08:23:45 PST 2017

> On Feb 5, 2017, at 1:52 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Dirk,
>
> Its done, wow, what a long road. Thank you so much for your almost limitless patience.
>
> A question:
>
> The script currently builds what I would presume to be the latest version of Subsurface-Mobile.
>
> 1) For the immediate I would like to build the full Subsurface desktop on Android. I have never seen that animal yet myself. That is the definitive step to see if Anton's FTDI interface runs on Android as planned. According to him this should work transparently: connect dc, follow the usual desktop download dialogue, download dives from dc. I assumed that if the environmental variable
>
> SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON
>
> is set, the desktop would be built, not the usual mobile app.
>
> ~/src$ printenv
> XDG_VTNR=7
> .... etc
> SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON
> GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge:unity-gtk-module
>
> Do I need to do anything else to achieve this?

I haven't built the desktop app for Android in ages. Anton tends to be the better person to ask. I'd give it a try and see what happens.
BTW: now that everything is in place, don't run the wrapper again, just run the packaging/android/build.sh - that's why I split them into two.

> 2) Once the above is confirmed, it remains to adapt the existing dc-download code in Subsurface-Mobile to interact with this FTDI module. Since that will entail QML there will probably be some pain in achieving this. But I have already gotten some way along the QML, I should be able to lick it in the end. Anton has given me some good pointers to follow.

Excellent. I'm looking forward to that.