Root directory name for building Subsurface

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Feb 5 22:23:25 PST 2017

Is the name of the ~/src directory critical? What would happen if I
changed it to src-linux or src-android? I notice that if I execute
Subsurface for Linux after renaming ~/src to ~/src-linux, then I get an
error message:

./subsurface: error while loading shared libraries: libgit2.so.24:

But this is probably a consequence of building subsurface while using
build directory ~/src and afterwards renaming it to src-linux?? Since
PWD is used in the shell right from the start, in theory the name of the
build directory could be almost anything?

But If I try to build using src-linux, then I get an error message:

CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory
/home/willem/src-linux/libgit2/build/CMakeCache.txt is different than
the directory /home/willem/src/libgit2/build where CMakeCache.txt was
created. This may result in binaries being created in the wrong place.
If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt

Kind regards,

willem