Deco calculation for repetitive dive - strange effect

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sun Feb 5 23:55:54 PST 2017

> On 05 Feb 2017, at 22:29, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I again see one strange effect in deco calculation of repetitive dives. I thought it may be linked to the surface time issue Robert fixed a few days ago but this is still there after the patch.
>
> Please check the attached file and try to do the following:
>
> - For dive 1002 do Log -> Edit dive in planner
> - Delete all planner points after 2nd with Ctrl-leftclick
> - With my settings (screenshot below) you will have a runtime of 51min, surface time is correct: 47:30h
> - Now change the date/time when the dive is planned to 1h later (3.01.2017, 14:00h)
> - No the dive is not considered to be a repetitive dive any more because surface time is >48h -> ok
> - But now runtime is 58min, deco is much longer ??!
> - BTW: This does not happen with some other scenarios I tested with deco dives with air/TX,... Maybe it has s.th <http://s.th/>. to do with dive 1001 setup which is a little bit more special using the Tx50/15 for ascent until 15m and having the real bottom gas specified as second gas?!

I haven’t completely understood this, but this seems to be specific to VPM-B (no oddity for Buehlmann). The VPM-B model has all kinds of strange state data (like what was the total time in deco, at which point do we switch from bottom time to ascent etc etc). My guess it’s somewhere there where repetitive dives have weird effects. Will investigate further but now day job calls.

Best
Robert